Question: How many real estate agents conducted business in Arlington last year?
Answer: There were 2,782 real estate transactions in Arlington that were recorded in the MLS in 2019, totaling $1.96B in sales volume. So how many different real estate agents do you think were involved in those transactions?
Now keep in mind that there’s usually two agents on each side of a deal, but that’s still a ton of agents involved within a relatively small (26 square mile) community. Below are some interesting takeaways:
- 59.4% (1,316) of agents did one transaction in Arlington and just .6% (14) agents handled 20 or more transactions
- 1,496 different agents represented Arlington buyers with 1.1% (17) of them representing 10 or more buyers
- 1,258 different agents represented Arlington homeowners on the sale of their home with 2.1% (26) representing 10 or more homeowners
- Of agents who conducted two or more transactions in Arlington, the average agent conducted 4.5 transactions in Arlington
- Keri Shull and her team once again lead Arlington in total transactions and volume by a wide margin, representing 119 buyers and 76 homeowners/builders, for a total of just over $133M in total volume
- Other than Keri Shull’s team, no other agent/team represented more than 1% of the buyer or seller market in Arlington
Most studies suggest that consumers are less concerned with measures like sales volume and more focused on the strength of communication and trustworthiness of the agent they’re working with, but market expertise and experience are still important factors for most people.
While some may see the low barrier to entry to real estate licensing and high volume of agents as a negative, it also means that you have a lot of choices as a consumer and, with some effort, can make sure that you’re working with somebody who provides the type and style of service you’re looking for.